A decline in libido is a natural process, but it is alarming that a lack of desire for sex is appearing in younger and younger people. According to the latest statistics, as many as 20 percent of adults avoid sexual intercourse, which in many cases leads to very serious relationship problems and negatively affects other areas of life as well. Fortunately, there are ways to restore libido and enjoy a successful sex life again.
Decrease in libido in men - what are the causes?
Decreased libido is the result of both psychological and physical factors. Too fast a pace of life is not good for sexual fitness, hence the growing number of young men with erectile dysfunction. Libido is negatively affected by prolonged stress, exhaustion, lowered self-esteem, depression, daily problems at home or work. Physical factors, on the other hand, are no longer only advanced age, but also unhealthy lifestyle, overweight, lack of exercise.
All these factors accelerate the body's natural aging process. In men, the decline in testosterone begins as early as age 30, and after 40 this process accelerates even more. The result is precisely a lowered sex drive, which, however, can be restored by following a few important rules. Here are five conditions for regaining a high libido.
1. physical activity
Sport is an essential part of a healthy lifestyle. Not only does it help maintain an attractive figure, but it is also very good for the psyche and overall health. Thanks to regular physical activity, a man increases his fitness, improves his condition and simply feels better, and this also leads to the fact that he has a greater desire for sex and is less often affected by potency problems.
So how do you make sure you're in perfect shape in bed? How to increase libido in men? To increase libido, the best are exercises that support the cardiovascular system, such as running, swimming, cycling. Your daily workouts should also include a place for exercising the leg muscles, as they increase the production of testosterone, which is very important for sexual fitness.
With physical activity, it's much easier maintain a healthy weight, and it also matters for male libido - as studies show, obese people are as much as 25 times more likely to complain of sexual problems. Even a small loss of excess weight is able to significantly improve sexual function. In other words, it's worth at least 30 minutes every day to devote to a slightly more intense physical activity, such as a brisk, long march.
2. proper diet
Modern food is often simply worthless, providing mainly calories, but is very poor in important vitamins and minerals. A bad diet leads to obesity, but not only - even when you manage to maintain a slim figure, the lack of nutritional value in the food you eat translates into a worse mood, sluggishness, health problems. That's why it's so important to keep an eye on the right diet.
What to avoid?
- fast food and instant foods, i.e. highly processed foods that are very low in nutrients;
- fatty dishes and those seasoned with artificial ingredients, as they cause sluggishness and disrupt sperm production;
- sodium, which dangerously raises blood pressure, making it difficult to achieve an erection;
- sugar, which reduces testosterone production and worsens concentration, in addition to leading to many serious diseases;
- alcohol, which in excess is very bad for the male libido, dulls the senses and makes it difficult to reach orgasm (however, a small amount of wine is allowed from time to time, since there are antioxidants in wine);
Read also: Stimido for women's libido
What to introduce into the diet?
- omega 3 acids, which lower cholesterol levels and improve heart function, which translates into better blood flow to the genitals. Omega 3 fatty acids are primarily in marine fish and olive oil;
- Vitamin B1, which strengthens the nervous system and helps prolong the duration of erections. Rich sources of vitamin B1 include lean pork, yeast, legumes, nuts, among others;
- Celery, a vegetable high in potassium, magnesium, iron, zinc and calcium, making it easier to keep sexual function high;
- Bananas, fruits that contain bromelia, which increases libido;
- Watermelons, which make the circulatory system function better;
- Sweet potatoes, rich in potassium and vitamin A, which keeps blood pressure at a normal level;
- Nuts and almonds, which contain a lot of selenium, which helps keep testosterone levels high and makes it easier to achieve a full erection;
A diet to boost libido must be varied, with a high proportion of vegetables and fiber-rich foods. You can also additionally introduce to the menu products considered to be natural aphrodisiacs, such as caviar, seafood or dishes seasoned with lovage.
3. being in the sun
It's no coincidence that the desire for sex increases in the summer. It's not just that vacation falls on this time, and then it's easier to get in the mood for bedtime games. In summer, the desire for sex increases because there is more sunshine, and it has a positive effect on the human body. Thanks to the sun's rays, the body receives more vitamin D, which increases the body's immunity and lowers the production of melatonin, and it is melatonin that is one of the factors that lowers libido. The sun also accelerates the production of testosterone, so you need to stay outdoors as long as possible and enjoy the sun's rays every day.
4. fighting the rut
Even the best relationships develop habit and boredom over time. It's easy to fall into a rut, and few things lower the temperature of a relationship as much as predictability. Doing the same things over and over again kills passion, making sex nothing more than a chore. To bring the fire back into the bedroom, you simply have to make some changes. And not just to the sex itself, but also to ordinary, everyday things.
It always works to go out on a date completely different from what you've done before, to spend an evening, for example, going for a walk rather than in front of the TV as usual, or to cook a romantic dinner together. Even small changes, such as having sex at a different time of day or wearing elegant lingerie, can add spice to a relationship.
5. plenty of vitamins to boost vitality
Lack of sex often comes from the fact that one simply does not have the strength for sex. In turn, this is the fault of the lack of valuable vitamins and other micronutrients, which can partly be provided in food, but it is also worth taking care of additional supplementation. From the point of view of male potency, the most important ingredients for increasing libido are:
- Vitamin C. You can buy it at any pharmacy, and as for natural origin, just eat a lot of citrus fruits and green vegetables. Vitamin C is very beneficial for libido and improves sexual function;
- L-arginine, an endogenous amino acid, is important for physical activity because it speeds up metabolism, dilates blood vessels and is good for male potency. As we age, L-arginine levels decline, so it's worth reaching for supplements containing this ingredient;
- Tribulus Terrestris, or mace. It is a plant that helps a lot with erection problems, and its stimulating properties have been scientifically proven;
- Maca root, another valuable plant for men. It is native to South America, where it has been used for a very long time as a potency remedy. It is also found in many supplements for increasing libido, which are worth including in your daily menu;
Supplements containing these ingredients can enhance sexual form after just a few weeks and are a valuable support. However, you need to make sure that the supplement contains a really high concentration of the mentioned substances and uses only ingredients of natural origin.